Will this provider fix the Blank lines issue

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:56 AM

For some time now, all my HTML editors have been adding <br> tags between every line every time I edit. Most annoying, as I have to remember to delete ALL blank lines (even ones I want) as when I hit update, they all get added back in again. Does anyone know if this is a provider issue or a core RAD Editor issue - ie will using this provider make it heal up?

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Are you actually seeing the breaks, or is it just crweating paragraphs?

That's what most HTML editors do if not all.

There are three solutions:

1. User [SHIFT] - [ENTER] to inject a line break, not a paragraph.

2. Configure the Editor to inject breakson Enter and not papragraphs

3. Change your skin, add p{margin:0;}

HTH, Timo

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Everytime you go in to edit an HTML Entry, everywhere there was a <BR/> there are now two. So on each and every edit all the line breaks double up. It has been doing this since I installed DNN 5.6.2

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:05 PM

I observed a similar issue, what I found was the HTML was actually malformed, e.g. missing tags, and when I fixed the HTML, I no longer observed this behavior.  I think there is some sort of standards filter that is applied and this is where that is happening. 

May 5, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I have the same issue here.  That is a poorly designed editor, for sure.  Doubling up every time an edit is made is definitely not desirable by anyone (why on Earth would ANYONE inject <p> tags for line breaks - that's a really dumb default behavior, especially for the average person who is not versed in HTML!)

Is there a way to get DNN to use abetter editor?

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:01 AM

I know this is a configuration option available with the Telerik config. I honestly can't remember how to do it, but... it can be done.

Jun 7, 2011 at 5:51 PM

If I could find someone who could tell me how it's done I'd be a very happy man. Given that everyone says dnn is one of the most widely used CMS systems in the world, I can't believe there is no easily findable fix for this problem - my user community are driving me nuts with complaints! I suppose that's the perennial problem with something that is free - and if I want support I should buy the commercial edition!

Jun 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Check this out... http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Resources/Forums/forumid/108/postid/366634/scope/posts.aspx

Jun 7, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Thanks very much indeed - that looks very promising!