Image Manager is empty

Nov 1, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Hi, I just installed the DNN 5 RadEditorProvider. The install was really easy. I enabled the dnnWerk.RadEditorProvider and just use the default configaration settings. One thing I noticed though is that the images manager is not showing any images. I left the default setting '/images' as is. I have an 'images' folder under the portal root.

Why is the image manager not showing any images? Is the images path wrong?

greetings,

Anthony Candaele
www.webmove.be
Belgium

Nov 11, 2010 at 11:56 AM

It has just been figured out that this setting is case sensitive. Have a closer a look at your portals images folder and see if it is named Images rather than images.

Nov 26, 2010 at 4:49 PM
Edited Nov 26, 2010 at 4:54 PM

I also have this problem. I used the config editor to set it to my Pictures folder. In theory there shouldn't be a capitalisation issue, since the configuration was done by the drop down list provided. That said, the image manager shows that ther are 101 items, when in actual fact there are 45. I think somwhere in the depths it is missing the end of the list of files or something.

Cheers
Roger

Nov 26, 2010 at 4:55 PM

I got this error in my log

Message: DotNetNuke.HtmlEditor.TelerikEditorProvider.FileManagerException: Unable to complete operation. An unknown error occurred. /Portals/0/Pictures ---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at DotNetNuke.HtmlEditor.TelerikEditorProvider.FileSystemValidation.get_UserFolders() at DotNetNuke.HtmlEditor.TelerikEditorProvider.FileSystemValidation.GetUserFolder(String path) at DotNetNuke.HtmlEditor.TelerikEditorProvider.PortalContentProvider.AddChildDirectoriesToList(DirectoryItem[]& radDirectories, Boolean recursive, Boolean loadFiles) at DotNetNuke.HtmlEditor.TelerikEditorProvider.PortalContentProvider.GetDirectoryItemWithDNNPermissions(String path, Boolean loadFiles) at DotNetNuke.HtmlEditor.TelerikEditorProvider.PortalContentProvider.ResolveRootDirectoryAsTree(String path) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Jan 3, 2011 at 6:41 AM

I'm having the same issue.  It does not matter what I try.  With the default DNN provider I get the same error as well.

Jan 31, 2011 at 9:25 PM

I believe that images must be uploaded through the editor, which adds them to the DNN database. That is, if you add images to your image folder through the file system (or through FTP, etc.), they will not show up in the editor, because they are not referenced in the database.

If you're still have trouble, make sure that you have view permissions (and add, edit, and delete) for your images folder. Login as admin and go to Admin > File Manager. Find your images folder and make sure permissions are set to view the folder.

Hope that helps.

Feb 17, 2011 at 6:18 PM

I ran into a similar issue with only one portal. After trying all of the above fixes I tried to install the dnnWerk provider with the same result. Here is what I ended up doing: 

1. Backup the portal files and directories 
2. Clear all files and directories from the portal 
3. Run File Manager Synchonization with recursion to clear all of the entries in the database. 
4. Restore the portal 
5. Run File Manager Synchonization with recursion again to put the files back in the database 

I tried clearing the database manually with a script but it didn't work, only this method seemed to clear up whatever was messed up in the background. You can read more about the issue on my blog: 

https://www.frankandlola.com/Blogs/tabid/1846/EntryId/49/Telerik-RadEditor-in-DNN-5-4-Broken-or-Not-Working.aspx

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:28 AM

I had the same issue. Changing line 720 of FileSystemValidation.vb to the following did the trick:

_UserFolders.Add(addPath, addFolder)

This code uses addPath instead of addFolder.FolderPath. It makes sense since the ContainsKey check just a few lines above does it's check against addPath.